I’m often asked for my recommendations for all things dance-related and on the tools I use for blogging, too. So, I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that includes some of my favorites. I’ll add to it as we go. Feel free to bookmark it for your reference and convenience.
Favorite Dance Blogs
- Art Intercepts
- Inside Ballet Technique
- Maria’s Movers
- Picture Books & Pirouettes
- Bead 109
- Find music on iTunes – I research, find and purchase music for dance class and choreography on iTunes all the time. It’s where I go first.
- Recommended Books on Dance and Dance Training (a growing list)
- Recommended Dance on DVD – Some of my all-time favorite dance movies, documentaries, and performances.
- Balletband – a heavy-duty latex resistive stretching band specifically designed for dancers by a dancer. Natural rubber and latex compounds make up this durable, hands-free alternative to traditional stretching techniques.
- JAM Cosmetics – I wrote a review on JAM performance makeup some time ago, but I still use and like it. Jessica Michaels has created a great product without testing on animals and it doesn’t feel like heavy, stage grease. She offers awesome video and written tutorials (like this one) on her site too!
- StudioPress – I am not a web-designer or coder, and I have not hired a professional to design this site. Dance Advantage looks good because of the folks at StudioPress. These are well-designed, professional WordPress themes that work and look great right out of the box. Their support forum is top-notch for all the customizations that make your site your own.
- WordPress and WordPress.com – THE blogging platform or choice by publishers everywhere (and with good reason). DA started on the free hosted version (wordpress.com) and later moved to self-hosted for greater customization.
- MailChimp – MailChimp powers DA’s e-mail newsletters. Flexible payment options for all list sizes and budgets. Offers great support and service.
These are all things that I have direct experience with that I am recommending because they are useful and are companies that I trust. Some of the links below are affiliate links to products that will earn me a commission. It does not affect the cost should you choose to buy, but it does support the oodles of free content here at Dance Advantage, and the person who delivers it.