Its opening night and the butterflies are about to explode out of your stomach!
You know you should eat something but can’t handle anything too heavy. Before you grab a packaged, processed food, remind yourself that your body won’t recognize that as real food and it’s going to consume more energy to break it down and figure out where in the world to store it. This salad is light, fresh and the mint will help settle those pre-show jitters.
Break a leg!
Minty Fresh Cucumber Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 green apple
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1-3 pinches of sea salt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Peel stripes on the cucumbers.
- Thinly slice the cucumbers and apple – the thinner the better!
- Rub the salt into the slices.
- Finely chop the mint and mix it into the salad.
- Allow salad to sit an marinate for as long as you can.
- Add the lemon juice and serve garnished with a few whole mint leaves.