We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s not all that effective though when we are scarfing down a bowl of sugary or processed cereal before we run out the door. Mix up your morning routine with a whole grain. The complex carbohydrates will slowly feed your body energy and keep you fuller for longer.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup cooked kasha
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons almond or cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- maple syrup to taste
- Combine warm kasha and apple in a breakfast bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix nut butter with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Blend with fork until creamy like a sauce. If needed, add a bit more water, but mixture should not be too runny.
- Pour over kasha and apples, sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup.
Variations: Make kasha the night before for a dinner dish and remove some to use for breakfast the next day. Kasha keeps well with a splash of olive oil in the refrigerator for 3-4 days