You can definitely have a little musical fun with Halloween, and last year I added a list of over 30 songs, plus a few album ideas to Dance Advantage.
This year I’ve topped that with 40 MORE songs that you can use for parties or for dance class. Go way beyond the Monster Mash with tracks from True Blood, The Ramones, David Bowie, and Kanye West. And check the widget below, for your immediate gratification, they are all available for preview and download via the Amazon widget below.
Please allow me to introduce my… songs
- Sympathy for the Devil – The Rolling Stones
- Abracadabra – Steve Miller Band (or try Sugar Ray’s version)
- Pet Sematary – The Ramones
- After Dark – From Dusk Till Dawn Soundtrack
- Frankenstein – The Edgar Winter Group
- Werewolves of London – Warren Zevon (or try Adam Sandler’s rendition)
- Werewolf – Cat Power
- Disturbia – Rihanna
- Devil Inside – INXS
- Welcome to my Nightmare – Alice Cooper
- (Don’t Fear) The Reaper – Blue Oyster Cult
- Vampires Will Never Hurt You – My Chemical Romance (get the Vitamin String Quartet’s instrumental version, too)
- Do the Vampire – Superdrag
- Dead Man’s Party – Oingo Boingo
- Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) – David Bowie
- Boris the Spider – The Who
- Dream Scream – Death Cab for Cutie
- X-Files – Mark Snow
- Full Moon – Black Ghosts
- Full Moon – Brandy
- Zombie Zoo – Tom Petty
- A White Demon Love Song – The Killers (check out the piano instrumental)
- Wizard Wheezes – Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince soundtrack
- See You in my Nightmares – Kanye West
- Theme from Amityville Horror (Remix) – Horror Movie Madness
- Ghost I-IV – Nine Inch Nails (get the whole album of ambient instrumentals for only $5)
- That Old Black Magic – Rod Stewart (or your crooner of choice)
- Night on Bald Mountain (Remix) – Ultimate Halloween
- O Fortuna from Carmina Burana (Remix) – Halloween Dance & Party
- Trick or Treat – Otis Reading
- Bleed 2 Feed – CC Adcock & The Lafayette Marquis
- Bones – Little Big Town
- Looking for Dracula* – Charlotte Diamond
- When I’m Booin’* – The Backyardigans
- Howling at the Moon – The Ramones
- Prologue – Little Shop of Horrors
- Blood on the Dance Floor – Michael Jackson
- Haunted – POE
- Haunted – Evanescence
- Beauty of the Dark – Mads Langer
Especially kid-friendly tunes are marked with a star (*). But you can find more selections for children in the Trick or Treat Tracks article.
Preview the tracks here:
Oh, and check out these Hair-Raising Halloween-themed Dance Videos too!
Hard as it is to imagine, I know there’s more where that came from. Add to the list with your comments and suggestions below.
Nichelle Suzanne is a writer specializing in dance and online content. She is also a dance instructor with over 20 years experience teaching in dance studios, community programs, and colleges. She began Dance Advantage in 2008, equipped with a passion for movement education and an intuitive sense that a blog could bring dancers together. As a Houston-based dance writer, Nichelle covers dance performance for Dance Source Houston, Arts+Culture Texas, and other publications. She is a leader in social media within the dance community and has presented on blogging for dance organizations, including Dance/USA. Nichelle provides web consulting and writing services for dancers, dance schools and studios, and those beyond the dance world. Read Nichelle’s posts.