This page is where I tell you how and why this website is monetized.
This blog is a collaborative blog written by a group of individuals and edited by Nichelle Strzepek. For questions about this blog, please contact Nichelle —
Though this wasn’t necessarily the case when I first began Dance Advantage, I think by now most people realize and even assume that many websites “monetize” or create avenues for making money. To cover the costs of producing original content, maintaining a functioning and attractive website, and marketing Dance Advantage…
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation:
- I participate in affiliate programs. Affiliate programs are a popular means of blog monetization. When a reader clicks to a retailer or service I’m affiliated with via a link on my site and buys a product or products there, I get a percentage of the sale. Depending on the retailer this could be anywhere from 4% to 50%. This does not affect the cost of your purchase but it does subsidize this blog. Affiliate links on this site will usually appear in a text link but may also be attached to an image. A list of affiliates can be found below.
- I accept sponsorship in the form of direct advertising. You’ll find 125 x 125 ads in the blog’s sidebar, plus banners in the header and below post content. Banner ads and sponsored content may also appear in Dance Advantage email newsletters. Sponsored content will occasionally appear on the blog but will always be marked as such. Direct advertisers are sometimes promoted via our associated social media accounts as well. You can find a list of our advertisers below. If you are interested in purchasing ad space click here.
- I host and run sponsored giveaways. Giveaway sponsors provide prizes for contests and sometimes pay a sponsorship fee to participate. Each sponsor receives a post with content written and edited by me based on information provided by the company about their service or giveaway product.
Other forms of compensation received may include sample and review copies and barter for services.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
Affiliate text links may or may not be marked as such. I often mention when I’m an affiliate because I’m proud of the association. If you aren’t sure, an affiliate link can usually be identified by hovering over the link and looking at the URL that appears at the bottom of your browser.
When you see the word ‘sponsor’ or ‘ad’ this means I’ve received compensation from the retailer (see #2 and 3).
I share many links, sites, and products with which I have no affiliation and receive no compensation, both on Dance Advantage and via social networks. If I think it’s helpful to my readers, I share it. The sites which benefit from my mention of them may decide to reciprocate with intangibles such as links, mailings or banners on their own site. Some of them do eventually become sponsors.
It is my desire to offer the highest quality information possible, the kind of information of which I would want to be on the receiving end. I’ve been where you are – a student, a teacher, a parent searching for dependable content online. I’m also an extremely ethical person. But since (most of) you don’t know me, it won’t hurt my feelings a bit if you choose not to click on the ads or affiliate links on this blog.
If you DO find this site useful… If it helps you, makes something easier, or if you are just glad it’s part of your dance landscape, please do click and purchase! When you click and make purchases from our advertisers and affiliated sites, you are helping to support the FREE content offered here at Dance Advantage, and the person who works daily to provide it.
The owner(s) of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships.
These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have a significant impact on the content of this blog.
I currently accept affiliate compensation from the following:
- ABC for Dance
- The Body Series / Deb Vogel
- Dance In a Box
- Apple iTunes®
Past: DanceStudioOwner.com (2008-2014); Joffrey Movie
I accept direct advertising compensation from the following:
- Fathom Events
- Leap! Competition
- Magical Kingdom of Dance
- Chris Hobson – Ballet Studio Melodies
Note: I make every effort to update regularly, however, advertisers change all the time. If you see a banner ad, button, or post disclosure on this site, these are usually direct advertisers or affiliates, and it can be assumed some form of compensation is received.
I accept compensation in the form of bartered services from the following:
I partner with the following advertisement networks:
A note on opinions and reviews
The owner of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. I seek to review with honesty no matter what my affiliation.
If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.
While every caution has been taken to provide readers with articles which contain accurate information and analysis, please use your discretion before making decisions based on the information found on this website.
Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
DanceAdvantage.net, its owner, contributors, and guest authors will not compensate you in any way whatsoever if you ever happen to suffer a loss/inconvenience/damage because of/while making use of information in this blog.
Please read our disclaimer for more regarding the opinions expressed on this blog.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org