Greens that have been cooked the night before are surprisingly still tasty as leftovers. (Don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it!)
Broccoli Rabe (pronounced rahb) gives you half of your daily requirement of vitamin C. This powerful antioxidant is going to help your body fight off dangerous free radicals – a defense you are going to need when your ballet partner comes down with a cold!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of sea salt
- Wash broccoli rabe and cut stems into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Warm oil in pan and add garlic; sauté for a few minutes.
- Add broccoli rabe and sea salt, then sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add water, cover and allow to steam for about 2 minutes. Check for desired tenderness.
- If needed add a bit more water and allow to steam for a few more minutes.
Variations: Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.