Everyone thinks his or her dance studio is the best.
Dancers, teachers, parents, here’s an opportunity to shout it from the rooftops.
America’s Best Dance Studio Contest 2010 wants to know what makes your dance studio unique – what makes it different from the other dance studios in your area, and from other dance studios across the country. Via the ABDSC social network, you will have the opportunity to submit testimonials, videos, and photos highlighting all of the wonderful things about your dance studio – your teachers, your students, the classes you offer, your involvement in charities, non-profit organizations, and even dance competitions! Here’s a chance to rally the community and make some noise in support of your dance studio.
Dance instructor staffing agency, Kiner Enterprises, Inc. are the architects of America’s Best Dance Studio Contest. President, Ashani Kiner has been busy shooting video at some of New York City’s biggest (and brightest) landmarks to let you know more about the contest.
So here’s the nitty gritty…
To enter, you need to head over to americasbestdancestudio.ning.com. Create a complete profile for your dance studio, and of course, invite all of your friends, family, and fans to join too.
A select number of dance studios will be featured in a special YouTube video series throughout the contest. If you’d like to be featured, enter the contest before Dec. 30th, and your studio may be chosen!
While voters and members of your dance studio community can independently sign up at the America’s Best Dance Studio Contest network, there are some rules and participation requirements for dance studios officially entering the contest:
- Entrants must be 18 yrs or older
- Entrants must be a U.S. Resident
- The Dance Studio must be in business for a minimum of 3 yrs.
- The Dance Studio must have a website
Enter before December 30th and pay the early-bird entry fee of $30 (may be paid by check or money order); after that entrants pay $50.
Further details regarding video submission and where to mail your entry info can be found at americasbestdancestudio.ning.com
10% of the contest proceeds will be donated to Child Cry, a non-profit organization that feeds hungry children around the globe.
Voting will begin on January 1, 2010 and the studio with the most votes will win!
What does the winning studio receive?
- A video feature on the DanceChannelTV.com website for an entire year
- A dance marketing video package and e-book with money-making strategies for your dance studio from Dance Marketing Queen, and CEO of DanceMassTV, Dawn Demendonca
- A stage backdrop from Grosh Backdrops and Drapery, for your end of the year recital performance
- A website banner or logo redesign from the web design and development experts at DanceSignUp.com
- An online press release and feature article on DanceAdvantage.net about your dance studio
- 6 Months of free Social Media Management for your studio’s Facebook fan page, Twitter, and Myspace accounts from Kiner Enterprises Inc.
- A banner to hang inside of your dance studio that reads, “The America’s Best Dance Studio Contest Winner 2010”
Yes, Dance Advantage has sponsored a prize for America’s Best Dance Studio Contest 2010! I will feature the winning studio here on Dance Advantage during National Dance Week (April 23-May 2). I look forward to showcasing the community that turns out in full force to support their dance studio.
Be positive, creative, and energetic!
Each and every dance studio is special and unique. I’m looking forward to witnessing the diverse ways you’ll show it. Good luck to all the competitors!
Nichelle Suzanne is a writer specializing in dance and online content. She is also a dance instructor with over 20 years experience teaching in dance studios, community programs, and colleges. She began Dance Advantage in 2008, equipped with a passion for movement education and an intuitive sense that a blog could bring dancers together. As a Houston-based dance writer, Nichelle covers dance performance for Dance Source Houston, Arts+Culture Texas, and other publications. She is a leader in social media within the dance community and has presented on blogging for dance organizations, including Dance/USA. Nichelle provides web consulting and writing services for dancers, dance schools and studios, and those beyond the dance world. Read Nichelle’s posts.