I hereby declare Fridays links day on Dance Advantage!
One of my goals at Dance Advantage is to connect readers to other places and spaces online so that you don’t have to search high and low for great resources yourself! Generally Fridays will be a day to point you elsewhere in this world wide web. However, because it is the nature of blogs to feature the latest posts and entries, older posts can get buried. So, I thought I’d kick things off by “kinecting” you to some older posts within Dance Advantage that you may have missed!
(Bonus! All of these posts contain links to other sites! — Talk about Kinected!)
- Costume Crisis – What to do when dance costume companies fail you at recital time
- Fostering Artistry in Young or Beginning Dancers – First steps: Ask a child to be creative.
- DanceMom.com – A forum for dance parents
- Dancing With Conscience – Dancers and dance organizations that are making a difference
- Art or Not? Musings on Dance, Art, and Entertainment
- Eye of the Beholder – This one is just for fun! Do you know which way the dancer is spinning?
- Two Heads Are Better Than One – More wonderful online resources! Deb Vogel and Lisa Howell join forces.
- Reflection and Journaling for Dancers – Types of journals and the usefulness of keeping a “dance diary”
- Classic Confusion – Sorting out labels in dance like classical, modern, and contemporary.
- Bullying in Dance Class – Do girls bully? You bet! Don’t miss the resources and info in this one!